Re: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.215 on August 14, 2001 at 19:36:22:

In Reply to: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice... posted by Patterson on August 14, 2001 at 15:45:42:

: Hey guys,

: I'm about to place an order with PB. As Joe Jr is out on vacation for a few more days, I figured I'd bounce this sizing question off of you two.

: My first PB was a 7 5/8. I based this on previous Stetsons, which fit snug. My PB, though was pretty damned tight when she arrived - tight front and back, but just a bit of room on the sides. When I wear it for a few minutes, it fits fine, though still pretty snug. Once I work up a bit of a sweat - living in the desert, that isn’t tough - it slides on and off very nicely, but remains on securely. I am 99% sure Joe gave me a long oval hat. Am I asking for frustration if I go up to a 7 3/4? My thought is that I can always put a bit of something in the lining if I find it too loose in spots.

: One thing on the 7 5/8 - it really doesn't fit if I go much beyond 4 weeks between haircuts.

: I'd really appreciate your thoughts. A "professional" at a men's hat shop in Seattle once told me "tighter is better" when choosing a hat, and I am wondering if I've let this taint me.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

You know, my first PB was a 7 1/4, which is the size that I have worn in all my previous hats and fitted caps. But, Joe's 7 1/4 was more like a 7 1/8, and was way too tight. My next one was marked a 7 1/2, and it fits very well. I think I would just move up a 1/4 hat size. Or perhaps an eighth would suffice, although I doubt if a 7 3/8 would have been as comfortable as the 7 1/2 on mine. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]