Re: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 15, 2001 at 11:46:14:

In Reply to: Re: Yo, Fedora and Michealson! I need hat sizing advice... posted by Fedora on August 14, 2001 at 19:36:22:

I did something different this time and told Joe my size, but also measured my head where I usually wear my hat and gave him THAT measurement. According to Joe, hat makers have been changing sizing over the years, and not all are the same anymore. The actual measurement of your head is what he needs. Regards. Michaelson

: : Hey guys,

: : I'm about to place an order with PB. As Joe Jr is out on vacation for a few more days, I figured I'd bounce this sizing question off of you two.

: : My first PB was a 7 5/8. I based this on previous Stetsons, which fit snug. My PB, though was pretty damned tight when she arrived - tight front and back, but just a bit of room on the sides. When I wear it for a few minutes, it fits fine, though still pretty snug. Once I work up a bit of a sweat - living in the desert, that isn’t tough - it slides on and off very nicely, but remains on securely. I am 99% sure Joe gave me a long oval hat. Am I asking for frustration if I go up to a 7 3/4? My thought is that I can always put a bit of something in the lining if I find it too loose in spots.

: : One thing on the 7 5/8 - it really doesn't fit if I go much beyond 4 weeks between haircuts.

: : I'd really appreciate your thoughts. A "professional" at a men's hat shop in Seattle once told me "tighter is better" when choosing a hat, and I am wondering if I've let this taint me.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

:
: You know, my first PB was a 7 1/4, which is the size that I have worn in all my previous hats and fitted caps. But, Joe's 7 1/4 was more like a 7 1/8, and was way too tight. My next one was marked a 7 1/2, and it fits very well. I think I would just move up a 1/4 hat size. Or perhaps an eighth would suffice, although I doubt if a 7 3/8 would have been as comfortable as the 7 1/2 on mine. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]