Even I have to admit that excuse is hogwash.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on August 15, 2001 at 16:16:27:

In Reply to: Article in todays Chicago Sun-Times about Indy trilogy on DVD. posted by agent5 on August 15, 2001 at 15:49:30:

I give George and Steven more leeway than most on this forum, but that excuse just doesn't hold up. DVD's are here to stay. They might go high def, but the technology is here to stay. The whole thing about multiple reissues is not just limited to Lucas, by the way. My newly remastered Apocalypse Now reissue from 97' is about to be obsolete and that one had made the earlier reissue from the early 90's obsolete. I'm about to have to re-buy (of course I guess I don't "have" to re-buy anything), the entire Elvis Costello catalogue (like 20 c.d.'s) because of added tracks. This will be the third time I've had to buy the collection. In an ironic sort of way, the fact that Lucas hasn't reissued anything means that my laserdisks of the Indy and Star Wars trilogy (both versions) are right up to date. I've gotten good mileage out of them. I guess I shouldn't complain. Cheers

xxxxxxxx

: The article was mainly about the release of E.T. next year and on how Lucas and Co. run the show on the DVD releases. The Paramount stuio exec was quoted as saying that they cannot release anything at all without the consent of Lucas and Speilberg. *sigh* It also stated that they are waiting for the big films (star wars/indy) to be released until DVD has a steady place in the market. Looks to me as though it already has.

: Do as you will...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]