Tried it this weekend....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on August 15, 2001 at 18:45:06:

In Reply to: It's a digital recorder. posted by Rundquist on August 15, 2001 at 17:29:17:

...by having it record a NASCAR race while I was away.

I was able to just zip though and stop to watch just the track incidents (read: cautions, wrecks) and pit stops as the race wound down.

One cool feature is the 'Wishlists', which allow you to have TiVo make suggestions for you based on genre, title, actor; I entered 'Ford, Harrison' as a wish list, and it found 'Raiders' and TOD on the Sci-Fi channel for me before I found it listed anywhere else.

I wish they made a TiVo/VCR combo unit, to record AND save stuff; you can hook it up to your VCR, but a self contained unit would save space. They've made combo TiVo/DirecTV units, so maybe they're on the way.

And it is a VERY diabolical device, or 'infernal machine', if you will. With a funny looking mascot.

Take care.

: It records the programs that you tell it to. If you like the Simpsons for instance, it will find all the broadcasts and record them all. It also records whatever you are currently watching. You can hit pause and go to the bathroom or whatever and come back and hit play and it starts up where you left off. When you get to a commercial you can scroll through it and catch up to the broadcast. It is entirely diabolical in that anything you might want to watch is recorded and immediately accessible to you. In the past you just simply miss stuff on TV, not anymore. I consciously keep my TV watching to a minimum and this device makes it that much harder. Cheers

:
: xxxxxxxxxx

: : ...but what exactly IS a TiVo?

: : I'm clueless. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: