In defense of Austin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Baldwyn from ATHM-64-232-xxx-114.home.net on August 16, 2001 at 13:42:17:

In Reply to: Question before posting, redux posted by Michael G. Ryan on August 16, 2001 at 00:24:37:

Hi Michael,

I'd like to thank you for your post, and applaud your well-written defense. I personally enjoyed the article, and was glad to see it in SW Insider. I understand your problem for trying to get unseen material for the article, and actually enjoyed having it condensed and presented in the manner given.

That said, however, I feel the need to come to Austin's defense, since most people are leaping to sling insults. I've found him to be an interesting part of this forum, and I'm glad he's here. Yes, he doesn't hold back his opinions, and often has alot of them, but that makes it interesting. We've all had hopes of something new for the 20th anniversary, and I can understand his disappointment for not finding anything new in that issue. Forum members can be very hard to please, and that's good. We wouldn't have a Goatskin Wested option, or an Expedition, if we weren't. We've all self-appointed ourselves (ok, I don't consider myself to be one) experts on Indy. Maybe new upstarts in our domain need a bit of hazing :)

Anyways, Michael, don't get me wrong. Your opinions and arguments are valid, and well stated, and I thank you for your article. I'm also glad that you chose to write your rebuttal to the forum. I'm merely trying to say, I did see where Austin was coming from, even if his opinion on the matter, wasn't the same as mine. I'm not even trying to excuse him, I just don't particularly enjoy other Indyfan's bashing him in response.

Baldwyn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]