Just got back from Washington DC. SAW THE ACTUAL HAT & JACKET FROM LAST CRUSADE!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jersey Jones from spider-tl022.proxy.aol.com on August 16, 2001 at 17:56:48:

Hey gang!
I've been in DC with my family for the past 3 days. We went to visit American University, because I'll be a senior in high school this fall and I'm starting to visit some schools. Anyway, it's clear that I missed a lot in the forum (Austin vs. Mike Ryan), but going to DC was definitely worth it.
Yesterday we went to the Smithsonian Museum of American history. The museum displays a lot of cool stuff from every aspect of American society, ranging from early farming machinery to Evil Kenival's motorcycle.
The third floor has a Pop Culture display and it was there that I saw it. Indy's hat and jacket from the Last Crusade! Here are some observations I picked up while looking at them (keep in mind I'm not a bona fide Indygear expert):
Jacket: having never seen a Wested up close, I was impressed. It's simply a great looking jacket. Even though the card next to it said that it was the jacket used in Raiders AND LC (which is impossible), it was clearly the LC jacket, given the large collar.
Fedora: This was a great looking fedora, too, but much different than what I expected. The crown is a lot shorter than I would have thought, and the back of the brim curves up considerably. Nevertheless, it was great seeing it.

Overall, the jacket looked a little small, but that could have been because of the stand it was on. The two items were amazing to see in real-life, and I took about 7 pics of them (won't post them, though, I don't have a scanner or digital cam :( ). If anyone has the opportunity to go to DC, take it. It's a great city to visit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]