Received my $200 Alden 405's today

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust57.tnt5.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on August 16, 2001 at 21:30:40:

Came out of the box like a virgin out of wedding dress, beautiful. I typically wear an 11, so you'd think I would have ordered a 10.5. However, I went to a taylor and got my foot measured. I'm actually a 10E. My foot is a little broad, which is probably why I always got an 11. I guess the extra slack in the length of all my other shoes goes to the width to fit my foot in standard US sizes. So, I went ahead and ordered a 10E. I didn't want to order a 9.5 because I figured this time the width would be right.

I've tried them on and at first fear the snug feeling. I was worried for a moment, then I stood up and rolled my ankles around a little bit. They're perfect! It's as if they fit more athletically like a running shoe. The Leather is soft and flowing, so it seems it conforms to your foot over time.

It's a shame I'm going to take such a beautiful pair of shoes and jump into a pile of gravel with them on. I'm not screwing around, these will look like "INDYGEAR" when I'm through with them.

I didn't pay $200 for a nice shoe. I payed $200 for Indy's shoes, so they're about to get a beating!

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]