Re: A story needing to be told...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from spider-mtc-td084.proxy.aol.com on August 16, 2001 at 23:43:11:

In Reply to: A story needing to be told... posted by Patterson on August 16, 2001 at 17:05:34:

: I've just posted a revision to the Jacket FAQ, courtesy of some information MK has confirmed first-hand. Take a look.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

This story is related almost word-for-word in "Hell Bent for Leather - The Saga of the A2 and G1 Flight Jacket" by Derek Nelson and Dave Parsons. An excellent book, by the way. It is loaded with pictures I am a huge A2 fan myself, and have personally painted an 8th Air Force replica with nose art.I used examples from the book to guide me in mimicing the style of those early jackets.

Anyway, I read that story a long time ago, and remember asking Peter about it a few years ago when I ordered my Wested. He did not remember the name or the situation. But again, so much time has passed that that is certainly possible.

Patterson, as a jacket fan, you really ought to hunt the book down. As I recall, you are an A2 fan also.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]