theraider.net's Action Figure Petition

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on August 17, 2001 at 07:22:26:

Hey Gang:

I'm not trying to de-rail them at all, I applaud their efforts, but does anyine besides me think McFarlane's company isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Granted, I own a couple Austin Powers figures, Michael Myers from Halloween & Ash, but I wasn't WOWED by them. I moved Austin Powers' arm ONCE, and the damn thing went loose.

I know they have great sculpts etc...but take me back to the glory days of toys when scuplt didn't matter, it was all about playibility.
I mean, Hasbro (I think)still has dibs on an Indiana Jones line, and I think their Star Wars line is a perfect size for display, "playing" and potential vehicles & playsets. McFarlane could NEVER produce a Well Of Souls playset in scale. Anyone doubting Hasbro's ability need only check out the latest pictures they relased of their Star Wars line - they're dynamite!

Not only that, but McFarce...lan...drives "collectors" (aka Deranged Fan Boys) nuts with variants and stuff...I can just see it now!

"Oh my God, does anyone know where I can get the variant Indy with the olive green MKvII as opposed to the tan version? Help me, or I shall surely perish!"

Just me 2...well, more like 3, cents worth!

Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]