Almost 'Spot on'

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter Botwright from host213-122-179-191.btinternet.com on August 17, 2001 at 09:35:50:

In Reply to: A story needing to be told... posted by Patterson on August 16, 2001 at 17:05:34:

It is only when reading research that Patterson has made that jerks the memory. The scenario was was a thursday afternoon call from Noel Howard asking me to bring several jackets to Bermans& Nathan. On arrival I am ushered into the fitting room surrounded with wall to wall mirrors. Debra, Harrison Ford and several others present. HArrison Ford tries on several jackets including an A2. The favorit was a James Dean type plain zipper, straight sleeve,plain hem. Can put an A2 type action pleat on this?Yes. Can it go straight to the bottom leaving an open area each side for access to whip and gun?Yes.
Can we have A2 type cargo pockets? Yes. Can we have in Brown not Black?Yes. Can we have it tomorrow?Yes. Off I go,pattern,cut and make and return next day with Jacket prototype. Some slight modificationa and the first 'Raiders'jacket is born. Please make 10 more for tuesday to fly out to France. Done.
The point being that Debra Noodleman in Designing? the jacket did no more than many of my customers wanting modifications, but they do not say they are designers. Costume designers are responsible for the overal theme and all the costumes,which run into hundreds even thousands of items and they do an excellant job and remember that you are only as good as your last film so of course they take the credit.
I digress, the real point I want to make is that the base style of the jacket was a James Dean style design of mine with A2 add ons and not an A2 which was modified.
Hope this does not confuse. The old farts memory is bad sometimes but I just remembered that time in my life 20 years ago.
Cheers
Peter

: I've just posted a revision to the Jacket FAQ, courtesy of some information MK has confirmed first-hand. Take a look.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: