Re: theraider.net's Action Figure Petition

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on August 17, 2001 at 11:10:43:

In Reply to: theraider.net's Action Figure Petition posted by Sean on August 17, 2001 at 07:22:26:

I like McFarlane's figures (Ash from Army of Darkness is sitting here in my cubicle), but you're right, they're not 'GREAT- GOTTA-HAVE-EM-NOW' type of figures, in fact most toy companies are putting out figures with very little articulation (Matrix, Starting LineUps, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tomb Raider); they're practically statues that aren't even worth taking out of the package if you want to play with them.

Seems that only 12" figures ala GI Joe (and Toys McCoy Indy) are the most articulated out there, which is great for both play value and posability. There are a few exceptions both ways; seen the 12" Matrix or Planet of the Apes figures? Limited articulation. New 3.75" GI Joes? More posable than some figure 2x or 3x their size!

Whoever's producing the Disney Indy Toys should consider making a 12" version.

My two cents.

Take care.

: Hey Gang:

: I'm not trying to de-rail them at all, I applaud their efforts, but does anyine besides me think McFarlane's company isn't all it's cracked up to be?

: Granted, I own a couple Austin Powers figures, Michael Myers from Halloween & Ash, but I wasn't WOWED by them. I moved Austin Powers' arm ONCE, and the damn thing went loose.

: I know they have great sculpts etc...but take me back to the glory days of toys when scuplt didn't matter, it was all about playibility.
: I mean, Hasbro (I think)still has dibs on an Indiana Jones line, and I think their Star Wars line is a perfect size for display, "playing" and potential vehicles & playsets. McFarlane could NEVER produce a Well Of Souls playset in scale. Anyone doubting Hasbro's ability need only check out the latest pictures they relased of their Star Wars line - they're dynamite!

: Not only that, but McFarce...lan...drives "collectors" (aka Deranged Fan Boys) nuts with variants and stuff...I can just see it now!

: "Oh my God, does anyone know where I can get the variant Indy with the olive green MKvII as opposed to the tan version? Help me, or I shall surely perish!"

: Just me 2...well, more like 3, cents worth!

: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]