I've heard this kind of response ALL too often...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on August 17, 2001 at 11:13:18:

In Reply to: Re: A story needing to be told... posted by India Jones on August 17, 2001 at 05:36:15:

This story comes first hand from the person given screen credit. The same person was handpicked by Steven Spielberg for the express purpose of creating this character. She was in fact one of only a very few people hand picked from the US to be part of this core team, and was given a great deal of responsibility and visibility. Peter modified one of his patterns, but it was at her direction with respect to her specific details and requirements - kinda says to me it's her design with Peter’s execution. I'm not minimizing Peter's place here - in fact, given the responsibility the lady had and the number of jackets she rejected, I think it is high praise that his was the final jacket used. He satisfied some people who were quite used to, and very comfortable with, rejecting finished products. Read Peter's response - he recalls his part of the story pretty much as we've stated it, and has elaborated with some really good stuff which will make it to the FAQ as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your response smells a little of "don't rock the world I think I understand with better information." I've personally taken a lot of crap during the last year due to facts I've personally brought to light - using my personal resources (financial and non-financial) to do so. MK has professional connections, which allows him to have access to people and information which some of us can only dream of. He also uses his own time and money to do this stuff for the love of the hobby. Your post is an insult, though I have a feeling it was not intended to be so...

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]