Re: I hope it never gets warm and humid where you live...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by satch from dialup-209.246.188.18.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net on August 17, 2001 at 16:14:53:

In Reply to: I hope it never gets warm and humid where you live... posted by Patterson on August 17, 2001 at 10:50:28:

well, the deal is that i'm really kinda compulsive about my jacket, and it is very rarely stored.... i always like to have it handy (doesn't it feel great to sit around the house and read in a comfy leather jacket?), so it might be tough for bugs to set up residence. also, i didn't use much at all, so while i know (and like the little bugs,enjoy) the smell of mink oil, i just smelled my jacket and it smells like it did when i got it. as for the jackets that fell apart, i've heard that on really old leather, oiling it might cause the decomposition process to begin after the leather had already reached a point of equilibrium where it had stopped rotting (like skin lotion on a mummy :) so, i'll keep a watch out for critters, also lanolin is used in several different types of leather (like gloves) because it nourishes the leather and your skin... but i'm sure the hippie sheep barber with sun burned toes knows what's up :) perhaps if you wade in the stuff all day it will rot material (water does too, you know).
ok, i;m gone!
satch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: