I hate to spread false information....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on August 17, 2001 at 16:37:53:

In Reply to: Lanolin??? posted by Doctor on August 17, 2001 at 15:30:17:

Perhaps you are correct. I am only repeating what I had heard. I recommended Pecards' Leather Lotion in my post. Maybe it is the lanolin in the mink oil that causes (?) the problems with it. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

: I may be just a dumb farmer but Lanolin (at least in its pure form) would be the last thing I would put on leather. Once a year we have a person come in and shear our sheep. Over the years we have had numerous fellows and each has a different style and method of shearing. As far as foot gear goes the Australians all shear barefoot. The US fellows usually wear booties made of burlap. Last year we had a new fellow on property and he was wearing a pair of orange Birkenstock clogs made out of plastic. When I asked him about his unusual attire he replied that the Birkenstock were not only comfortable but they were the only shoes that the Lanolin (a natural component in the fleece) did not rot out! You might want to do a little more research on Lanolin before you slather it on your favorite jacket.

: Best Regards

: Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: