"Applause" makes the Disney Figures(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDY 500 from Brantford-ppp108157.sympatico.ca on August 17, 2001 at 19:41:39:

In Reply to: Re: theraider.net's Action Figure Petition posted by Indiana Banzai on August 17, 2001 at 11:10:43:

: I like McFarlane's figures (Ash from Army of Darkness is sitting here in my cubicle), but you're right, they're not 'GREAT- GOTTA-HAVE-EM-NOW' type of figures, in fact most toy companies are putting out figures with very little articulation (Matrix, Starting LineUps, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tomb Raider); they're practically statues that aren't even worth taking out of the package if you want to play with them.

: Seems that only 12" figures ala GI Joe (and Toys McCoy Indy) are the most articulated out there, which is great for both play value and posability. There are a few exceptions both ways; seen the 12" Matrix or Planet of the Apes figures? Limited articulation. New 3.75" GI Joes? More posable than some figure 2x or 3x their size!

: Whoever's producing the Disney Indy Toys should consider making a 12" version.

: My two cents.

: Take care.

:
: : Hey Gang:

: : I'm not trying to de-rail them at all, I applaud their efforts, but does anyine besides me think McFarlane's company isn't all it's cracked up to be?

: : Granted, I own a couple Austin Powers figures, Michael Myers from Halloween & Ash, but I wasn't WOWED by them. I moved Austin Powers' arm ONCE, and the damn thing went loose.

: : I know they have great sculpts etc...but take me back to the glory days of toys when scuplt didn't matter, it was all about playibility.
: : I mean, Hasbro (I think)still has dibs on an Indiana Jones line, and I think their Star Wars line is a perfect size for display, "playing" and potential vehicles & playsets. McFarlane could NEVER produce a Well Of Souls playset in scale. Anyone doubting Hasbro's ability need only check out the latest pictures they relased of their Star Wars line - they're dynamite!

: : Not only that, but McFarce...lan...drives "collectors" (aka Deranged Fan Boys) nuts with variants and stuff...I can just see it now!

: : "Oh my God, does anyone know where I can get the variant Indy with the olive green MKvII as opposed to the tan version? Help me, or I shall surely perish!"

: : Just me 2...well, more like 3, cents worth!

: : Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]