Are you diving into Indy's collective unconscious?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0282.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on August 18, 2001 at 04:03:12:

In Reply to: How did you know? posted by Inby on August 18, 2001 at 01:57:09:

After all, Indy's active imagination (as witnessed in the trippy finale of Raiders) and the omnipresent synchronicity (Don't make me find examples!) must have had a profound effect on his individuation and his Self.
I just realized that Indy is a follower of Jung! Just like Jung, Indy is exploring (or at least experiencing) art, religion, philosophy, and inexplicable phenomena. Indy is always looking ahead to the future, even when in peril (He never gives up).
I'll end this with a freakin' quote: "And when it strikes him as right to stop and think about what's gone before, he's more interested in construing it as rich mythology than stifling autobiography!"
Yay!
FG
PS: That last part was about Jung... ;)

: I guess some kind of quote from an Indy movie would make this oh-so on topic. Hm, let's see... "Hmph... whaddya mean?" (Indy, drunk, inquiring of Marcus just what the heck he means by suggesting the Ark is different from his other quests).
: By the way, I think this is my favorite Indy: the drunk one, at home in his t-shirt and dressing gown... if there's one piece of Indygear I want, it's that dressing gown.
: I've gone on far too long, haven't I?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: