My humble Cussler recommendations...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2ivev71.dialup.mindspring.com on August 18, 2001 at 11:25:56:

In Reply to: Re: Slightly off-topic to your post... posted by MK on August 18, 2001 at 09:12:46:

There are sixteen (I think...) Dirk Pitt novels written by Clive Cussler. None of them are bad (Raise the Titanic! simply translated poorly), but starting with the book called Treasure up to the current Valhalla Rising are all quite good. Oh sure, the characters are a tad two dimensional, but they're all fun and exciting. All these novels take place a few years after they are written (for example, Valhalla Rising was just published this year, but takes place in 2003) and include a few futuristic touches, like advanced computer and communications technology, which keeps things interesting.
Cussler has also written a great non-fiction book on his search for historic shipwrecks called Sea Hunters. I highly recommend this one; especially the section on the search for the CSS Hunley. I understand a sequel is on the horizon...
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]