Re: Help, please! Best way to clean the jacket??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 20, 2001 at 10:35:33:

In Reply to: Help, please! Best way to clean the jacket?? posted by BamIndy on August 20, 2001 at 08:44:46:

Of course it totally depends on how "dirty" your jacket even is. I couldn't write a FAQ on that, as everyone has different problems, and you could fill and entire site with how to's and never cover every eventuality. Lexol has a cleaner and conditioner in their battery of products. I've used it, and it works quite well in terms of just cleaning surface dirt from the leather. Check out the Lexol site, or check with your local auto parts dealer and ask them for a cleaner for leather seat covers. It's essentially the same product (and in MANY cases Lexol will be the product offered anyway as it's original use was for leather car interiors). Follow the directions, then after cleaning and allowing to dry, apply the dressing of choice. Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson

: I have an original Cooper Last Crusade jacket in predistressed cowhide around 10 years old. It's really needing a clean now, as well as some leather treatment. So, before I apply leather conditioner, can anyone tell the best way to clean the jacket? I don't fancy forking out £45 ($70) on dry-cleaning. Or does the conditioner clean also?

: I read through the jacket FAQs on IndyGear, and whilst they're very comprehensive, there's nothing on cleaning the jackets.

: So I would be very grateful for any advice.

: Many thanks.

: Regards to all,
: BamIndy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: