Thanks for that information. Very helpful (nm).

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Sam from 143.231.155.138 on August 20, 2001 at 11:01:53:

In Reply to: Re: What's the word on US Wings Goatskin Indy... posted by D2K on August 20, 2001 at 10:35:37:

: I've got one. I love it!
: -Got it last winter, I live in southern NY, and it's ideal. It's soft as butter and tough as nails. The grain is just right, the color is great. As far as accuracy, I just read something (maybe it was Michaelson?) about this. The US Wings is a Temple of Doom style and I think it was: change the zipper to left-handed and the D-rings to buckles and the jacket is a "dead-ringer." I sent mine to the tailor for an extra half-inch on the sleeve, and now it's perfect. I looked at a lot of jackets before buying. I actually ordered a couple of other US Wings (a VIP and a "vintage cow," not an "old-cowhide") and a Wested. I returned the Wings because I wasn't crazy for the skins. I cancelled the Wested because I was unsure about what I'd get (this was before Peter's new upgrades, when problems seemed common.)
: What I'd tell you is that I'm pretty tough to please and I love the wings goatskin. I'm completely satisfied and wouldn't change a thing (I don't sweat the zipper/buckle thing.) As long as that's the case with you, I have every confidence you'd feel the same. If you've got any specific questions, fire away, I'll do the best I can.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]