Re: David Morgan`s book

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on November 27, 1998 at 16:58:06:

In Reply to: David Morgan`s "Whips and whipmaking" book needed! posted by John Jones Stork on November 26, 1998 at 05:36:00:

: Hi again after two weeks!

: Does enybody knows where I can get David`s book? It`s sold in his store :-(
: If somebody has this book meabe you can scan it and send it for me.I only need pages with 456.bullwhip makeing because as somone of you knows I will try to make a copies (and sell it at low price if you want it).
: Or meaby xero or smth.
: Please help!
: Message that book is solded have crushed me down :-(.

: John Jones Stork

: P.S. If you wanna know how to draw a hat with "face" use c):-)

:
:

Hi John, If you can't get Whips and Whip making through David Morgans company, you can try visiting www.mark-allen.com. It might not be listed on his web page, however the book is shown in their 1998 catalog for $9.95 plus shipping. It is item number B15. You can also try a local bookshop that is able to order books that they don't normally carry in stock. The Publisher of Whips and Whipmaking is Cornell Maritime Press and the Books ISBN number is 0-87033-270-8

As for the book itself, it's a great book with lots of information, but unfortunately it does not simply cover the series 456 Indy bullwhip itself. It's a little more complicated in that it while it does show you the construction techniques for a multiple strand "Australian" plaited thong, which includes the core, a plaited belly and the overlay like the series 456 has. It also covers a lot more information, like preparing the materials, different handles and falls constructions as well as much more. Basically though it is up to the whip maker to decide how he/she wants to use all the information and various techniques to construct a whip. Good luck, Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]