Throw some cold water on this boy! (grins)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 20, 2001 at 14:48:51:

In Reply to: Re: opinions on Keppler hats posted by Indiana Dan (PROUD OWNER OF THE GREATEST FEDORA ON EARTH) on August 20, 2001 at 00:32:21:

Needless to say, you can tell Dan hasn't made up his mind yet whether or not he likes his new Kepler, but we're hopeful. (grins) All kidding aside, Dan is a big believer in Lee's hat, and he and I are not in the same boat in terms of what the term "custom" means, but to add a bit more to the "stew", and this is entirely MY opinion on the subject, the PB is a completely custom hat. The felt is hand picked before the hat is even made, the hat is hand formed and totally styled from all the information YOU provide first. Joe Jr. has no pre-made hats in inventory to make an Indy hat. The reason most of the hats are "difficult" to fit is that folks are not supplying all the information to Joe he needs to make the perfect hat for an individual. No two heads are the same shape. You can get a standard round, a long oval, OR an extra long oval fit for your head shape. All other hat makers are "one shape fits all", and the sizes are all over the scale. I have absolutely no qualms in recommending anything that Lee Kepler offers. I've known and dealt with Lee since the mid 1980's, and can only say he was the first in terms of gear, and his interest is in the final quality and accuracy of any particular item for a fellow fan. That said, I have to also say that Joe Jr. IS CUSTOMER SERVICE from the very first phone call, and is a CUSTOMER "fan". His product will be absolutely dead on to your specifications or he won't ship it. Period. The difference in price between Lee's and Joe's is only $55, so let's not go overboard in terms of Lee's being THAT much under the bar. In terms of comfort, to date, the Federation is the most comfortable I've ever had on my head right out of the box. With proper tweaking, the PB is filling the same bill, but if it doesn't, I'm at fault there, as Joe will bend over backwards to make it right. The analogy I've made at IndyGear is the difference between Lee's and Joe's is that Joe's is the custom made Rolls Royce, made completely from the ground up. Lee's is the custom order special from Detroit. Both are great, but both are different. As to Stetson, it's the Chevy that you can find on any lot. It still runs and delivers the "goods", but nothing can be special ordered, and you're pretty much stuck with what's on the lot. Like I said, just my spin on the subject, and Dan knows my feelings about HIS spin, but that's what keeps things interesting. High regards. Michaelson

: I am glad you asked this question. I will give you 5 reasons why you should buy Lee's fedora

: 1.Joe Jr. (though an excellent hatter, is not a fan) We are talking about Lee Keppler here. The Guru of Gear, the Ruler of Raiders (yes it took me all night to write that one up) Lee is a fan. Gear created by an Indy fans, for INDY FANS. This guy knows his gear. Like Elton John knows his shoes!!!!!!!! Lee Keppler is the MAN for gear.

: 2. We are talking a 5 X beaver fur felt fedora. A beautifully crafted fedora made of the highest quality. And the ribbon is the finest grosgrain you could ever get your hands on

: 3. IT IS WAAAAAAAAAAAY CHEAPER.

: 4. The all around looks are supurb. It beats EVERY fedora I own.

: 5. This is the most comofortable Fedora I have ever owned. It really feels comfortable on that big thing that is on top of our shoulders.

: Fed, to tall, PB ( Saw Rundquist's and was very disappointed (not saying that other Indy fans haven't received an excellent fedora from Joe)

: I will tell you now that the Keppler fedora is the finest fedora i have ever seen, and will ever own. The quality, accuracy, and over all great looks is unmatched. GO FOR THE KEPPLER. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. Lee knows his stuff. I love it. YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING THE KEPPLER FEDORA. You really feel like LK fedora is coming right off the set. DO NOT WAIT. E-mail Lee right now. I say a day without the LK fedora on your head, is like a day without sunshine (yes this fedora is worth poetry!!!!!) I hope this provides the information you needed. GET ONE NOW!!!!!!!! Indiana Dan ( a very satisfied customer)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]