The quest for $35 Aldens...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.201.103.106 on August 20, 2001 at 17:12:56:

In Reply to: Patterson. posted by Indy Werner on August 20, 2001 at 16:40:22:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

As a matter of fact, it is not SeaTac. As I said on the Gear forum, I'm keeping this one to myself. All I'll say is what I said before - it's near an outlet mall, and I found my very first pair of Alden's there for $35. It was 2 years ago that I found mine (I remember, because it was the day after Phantom Menace opened). I have been back since and found other sizes - as recently as last December. As I recall, the price may have gone up to a whopping $42.99.

I'm kinda regretting saying anything, but felt I should come clean. Hey, I'm a cheap bastard! Anyway, if any of you figure out where it is, just keep it to yourself. There really are never enough of these on their shelves to make much of a dent in the demand that could be created, and all they would do is jack the price up on us.

I'm compiling a list of sizes from some fans that have already emailed me. If you wear anything between a 9 and a 12, my book is already full. If I find a pair of men's size 6, my 8 year old has dibbs. I did take the liberty yesterday of calling them, and they confirmed that they do not take phone orders or ship boots anywhere. You walk in, dig through the shelves of factory seconds, returns, and liquidation inventory (they buy going out of business inventories, and this is the only way I can think they get Aldens). NO MORE CLUES! Ok, 1 more clue. With respect to SeaTac malls relation to Seattle, YOU ARE WAAAAYYY COLD!.

Happy hunting!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: