Re: ATTN : Michael G. Ryan .....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael G. Ryan from 21-062.075.popsite.net on August 20, 2001 at 18:12:56:

In Reply to: ATTN : Michael G. Ryan ..... posted by Indiana Jimmie on August 17, 2001 at 18:15:45:

Hey, Jimmie...

It's common knowledge, really. The snippet of footage of the DC flying over the mountains in Nepal is lifted directly from the film "Lost Horizon." Lucasfilm asked that this reference be deleted from the article. I'm not quite sure why--it's not a mystery. Perhaps it's a point of pride matter. Go figure! :)

Oh, and I got your email, Jimmie. Thanks! You should have a response from me by now (unless our work servers are sickeningly slow today, which is entirely possible!)

Michael

: Hey Michael.....

: Nobody seems to have brought this up yet, so I'd like to..

: In one of your posts' over this whole criticism nonsense, you happened to mention that Lucasfilm "asked" you to remove a couple of things from your article. One of these was a brief reference to some sort of transitional scene in Raiders...wellll, now that you've piqued my interest, are you allowed to spill what that scene was? I'm sure we'd ALL love to hear about it.

: Also, any interesting stories of how you came to be an Indyfan?

: How about anyone else?

: As for me, I remember duringhigh school seeing the trailer for Raiders, and then, get this, FORGETTING about it completely!! (I know I know - Blasphemy!)...It wasn't until my Dad and I went out to the drive-in for a movie - he wouldn't tell me what (something he repeated with Temple of Doom) - and then I talked him into staying through three showings!!

:
: Anyway, welcome to the forum, for as long as you're here. And check your email...hehe...

: Later pal,

: Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: