Re: Squeaky leather jacket, seeking solutions.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-tl082.proxy.aol.com on August 20, 2001 at 19:48:17:

In Reply to: Squeaky leather jacket, seeking solutions..... posted by Michigan Smith on August 20, 2001 at 18:56:33:

: I got an A2 from Flightsuits about a month ago. I ordered it the chrome tanned seal brown goatskin. I got the first one and sent it back (too big and too long). The second one came with a tag that says it is made of vegetable tanned leather and may be squeaky for a time by its nature. Now, if they really did send me a veggie instead of chrome on the remake, I didn't complain, since veggie costs like $50 more. When I look at my leather sample swatches, this jacket looks like the chrome seal brown goat (not the veggie, different color and shine), and it looks just like the first chrome seal brown goat I got and sent back (which did not squeak).
: .
: Back to my point, it's damn squeaky!, and doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have been wearing it or at least carrying it around with me every day since I got it. Can anyone offer any ideas on how to quiet it down? It is still quite stiff, even after a month of wearing and repeated tumblings in the dryer on no heat setting. The sleeves have softened, but not the body and collar. The squeakyness seems to come from the shoulders and collar area. Sending it back on the FS satisfaction or return policy is NOT an option. I think I already pushed that to the limit (I've ordered 5 jackets from them and only kept 1. 2 off their clearance sale-didn't fit, 1 Expedition-just to see how it was made and fit, and finally this A2 that I misjudged size on the first time).

: Take the jacket off the hanger and don't go near the hanger for at least a month! Roll it up and sit on it when you're watching TV, re-positioning it from time to time. when you're done with it for the evening, wad it up and throw it in a corner. Keep doing this and the squeeking will be beaten into submission.

Regards, Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]