Re: Indy's revolver in raiders

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from spider-th084.proxy.aol.com on November 28, 1998 at 11:58:04:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's revolver in raiders posted by belloq on November 28, 1998 at 11:52:33:

: : : I checked out the diggs site recommended hear but I don't think they mentioned which of the three model N models it was that he used, (in raiders). One model had checkered grips and a shroud for the ejector, one had no shroud for the ejoctor and smooth grips, and one had a shroud for the ejector and smooth grips. I've written them in the order in which they were produced. Does any one know which model it is he used. (I don't have it on tape other wise I'd just check it myself). Thanks.

: : : Jim

: : The revolver has the appearance of a shroud with the smooth grips. You get a very clear look at the left side of the model N-frame when he shoots the lock apart on the side of the flying wing, as well as the grips when he throws the replacement revolver into his suit case. One thing though, I don't recall the Triple Lock of Smith and Wesson ever being offered with checkered grips. Those weren't offered until the first .357 mag. was introduced in 1935. Though the N-frames didn't all have a shroud, as did the .357 N-frame, they did all indeed have the ejector rod lock at the end of the barrel, effectively protecting the rod from bending and appearing to have the full shroud, unlike the Colt, whose ejector rods hung out there to hang up on just about anything. Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson

: : There is a good close shot of the pistol in Raiders: Indy's home and he removes it from a rag wrapping, handles it and then throws it into the suitcase. Pause on the pistol in his hand- it clearly shows the left profile of the pistol. I am no expert, but it appears to have the small version of the ejector lock/shroud thing and a patterned grip (surrounded by an outline border within the whole grip.) belloq

: A couple of questions for N-frame triple lock pistol experts: Is the caliber and model/year known with any certainty? Also, what would be the typical cost and source for a used arm of this vintage (gun shows, magazines, online??) Thanks. belloq

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]