If you are a whip fan, I respectfully agree with your point. If you are a true Indyfan, then there is NO substitute.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agent5 from firewall.sigg.com on August 21, 2001 at 16:04:15:

In Reply to: I respectully disagree. posted by California Smith on August 21, 2001 at 14:20:46:

: I have three Mark Allen whips. From what I can tell, there is no differnce in construction or methods. The Mark Allen whip is beautifull and functions unbelievably well. No cheap leather involved. Once broken in it is soft, supple and cracks like a dream.

: Now granted, I would like the DM just because he was the one that made the Indy whip. But for that reason only, NOT because of quality. I will admit I have never handled a DM, but I have done a lot of research on whips.

: THerefore, in my humble opinion, you are paying for the name. You are getting an excellent whip, but you are paying $200 extra for the sake of knowing that David Morgan made it.

: That being said, I know I will eventually get one.

: I certainly agree that the DM name constructs the price at which he sells the whips and am not stating that the DM is any better than the MA in terms of quality, but MA did not make any whips for the films and Indy never carried a MA whip. If I am to be a true Indygear collector, than FOR ME, DM is IT!! There is NO substitute. Period.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]