Can't even spell my own name. See above. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from spider-tk064.proxy.aol.com on August 21, 2001 at 22:55:28:

In Reply to: Re: Exactly My Point, but.. posted by Calfifornia Smith on August 21, 2001 at 22:54:01:

: Damm!

: My tongue-in-cheek comments aside, that is a really good point! David Morgan doesn't exactly look young in "The Art of the Bullwhip" video, and that is about 11 years old. I do want one, and if I wait too long, they will definitly skyrocket. We are all mortal.

: I know. Let's take him to see the Grail. I'm sure he will choose...wisely.

:
: : I agree with your comments. I actually handled both the DM and MA. I would certainly lean to the MA just because the quality is every bit as good and the price is so much better.

: : But this is what's nawing on me. The sheer principle of the law of economics is going to kick in. Dave Morgan is getting up in years. Once he dies, the supply of whips made by his very hands will be done. Therefore, the law of supply and demand will kick in. Hint: if you think $605 was bad for the 455. Well it the price of used ones will SKY ROCKET.

: : : I have three Mark Allen whips. From what I can tell, there is no differnce in construction or methods. The Mark Allen whip is beautifull and functions unbelievably well. No cheap leather involved. Once broken in it is soft, supple and cracks like a dream.

: : : Now granted, I would like the DM just because he was the one that made the Indy whip. But for that reason only, NOT because of quality. I will admit I have never handled a DM, but I have done a lot of research on whips.

: : : THerefore, in my humble opinion, you are paying for the name. You are getting an excellent whip, but you are paying $200 extra for the sake of knowing that David Morgan made it.

: : : That being said, I know I will eventually get one.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]