that should have read...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on August 22, 2001 at 15:52:11:

In Reply to: Just a final thought... posted by Michaelson on August 22, 2001 at 15:46:12:

...DON'T sweat the little stuff." Sheesh! Regards. Michaelson

: ...you never rubbed me any way, right wrong or other wise, my friend. I'm just mentioning the fact that folks who don't know us or can't read between those lines only read what they see, and that was if you didn't buy this or that, you were not a true fan. That was not your intention, and I totally understand where you're coming from. You make VERY good points, but for our younger crowd, or those who don't have the ways and means to pick up the higher end stuff (be it Wested, HJ, DM, or otherwise), statements like that is like tossing a match into a powder keg. No need for that to happen, as most of our "blow ups" have come from misunderstandings like that. THAT'S what I mean't when I said "dangerous territory". It's like walking into a bar and yelling "I can beat any man jack in here", when what you REALLY mean is "I can beat them, provided they are drunk, one legged, blink, deaf, and passed out. Other than that, I may not have a snowballs chance for survival". That may have been what you mean't, but it isn't what you actually said. (grins) High regards, agent5! You're always a class act in my book, so sweat the little stuff. Michaelson

:
: : : My little rant was totally tongue in cheek, of course. No offense taken. And I do appreciate what you are saying. As Indyfans, our fevor can reach pretty lofty heights. And I agree. The ultimate Indy collection would have as much all original equipment as possible. That's what's fun about collecting. There is always something new on the horizon. Right now, I am contemplating a Flight Suits jacket and Lee Kepler hat. Who knows when I will get them?

: : Eventually, I know I will get a DM for the sake of completeness. I do stand by my opinion that the MA whip is absolutely fantastic and will enthusisatically recommend them to anyone.

: :
: : Michaelson has a good point too. This is an expensive hobby. Our fellow young fans don't have the resources to even contemplate a MA whip, much less a DM. I could barely afford my Cooper Indy way back when as I recall. I still have the piece of junk latigo swivel whip I bought years ago. At that time, any whip was better than no whip. We get what we can, when we can.

: : Best Regards,

: : California Smith

: :
: : : To all,
: : : My post below I think was misunderstood pertaining to the true Indyfans and the original gear. I myself think that if you can afford the original (very expensive) gear, then that is where any fan would want to start. Keep in mind that this only my opinion and I am not in any way knocking any of the fans out there or any of the individuals who make or sell replicas of the gear. I do believe and have heard from plenty of the quality of many of the products. I'm sure that the PB hat and the Flightsuits jackets are of extremely good quality (just to name a couple of examples) and are a match for the originals in many ways. I think its great that someone would want a PB simply because it looks better than many HJ hats and sure costs alot less and I'm sure I will get one down the road, but I just think that if HF wore a HJ ,then that is where my collection should start (providing you can afford it). I have nothing but love for all of my fellow Indy collectors out there and would NEVER say that you are not a TRUE fan unless you own a HJ hat or the rest of the original gear, but the HJ hat IS THE INDY HAT!! I hope I didn't press any wrong buttons as I do love the forum and all of the reliable info I get from it and the joy of relating to a broad range of Indy fans from around the globe. If it were not for the Indy sites, I would have no gear at all simply because I had no idea the replicas were even available. I would like to publicly express my admiration for all who have helped me over the last several months and hope to vindicate myself of my previous posting. I know a fan is a fan reqardless of what gear he/she has. I hope we can have peace in our time.
: : : AGENT 5.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]