Re: Part-time playboy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on November 28, 1998 at 20:23:04:

In Reply to: Would you say Indy is a playboy? posted by Mithrandir on November 28, 1998 at 17:17:51:

: After all, he has had a different "love" interest each movie. I know he married Deidre, but not much else. Not trying to suggest something here, just want your opinions.

: Check six.

: -Mithrandir-

: I think the idea of Indy being a suave, sophisticated lady's man came about during Lucas and Spielberg's initial conversations concerning the development of Raiders of the Lost Ark screenplay. The idea being that Indy was educated, a man of many talents and abilities, and something of a dandy (using the 1930s vernacular) around the ladies but once he put on the hat and jacket, he became a kind of man's man. Of course, Harrison Ford's qualities deeply affected the final character and you didn't really get the sense of the playboy during Raiders. However, in Temple of Doom you see him decked out in a super fly, white tuxedo in a Shanghai club. I think Temple was more of an attempt by Lucas to bring out his ideas about the character. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]