To the best of my recollection.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from 63.201.187.189 on August 22, 2001 at 17:01:04:

In Reply to: Well I feel just like I was just yelled at. I thought this was class? Rundquist: Respond. How did you order this PB? posted by Sergei on August 22, 2001 at 16:16:13:

If you aren't specific with your specs, Joe will make you one of two styles, a "Patterson" or a "Streets of Cairo". I believe the Patterson to be based on our friend Patterson's specs that he got from Herbert Johnson. The Cairo hat is similar but has a few differences like less curl in the back brim. This is all in regards to a "Raiders" style fedora by the way and the preceding information might be wrong. It is right to my recollection. Someone will correct me if it's not. I stand by my statement about my PB not being the right stock to pull off the look. I don't know if Joe uses a different stock according to specs. I would imagine so. The way that a hat is bashed makes a tremendous difference in it's look. A case in point would be the way that the Keppler felt stock can be bashed to look like Raiders or Last Crusade. I couldn't get my PB to look right with what I consider the right bash. I would need another felt for that. If I were you, I'd figure out the specs that I wanted and order a hat unbashed and bash it myself. I believe my PB is a "Patterson" by the way. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxx

: Patterson,
: I strongly feel I have offended you or you can't be bothered by petty questions unless they came from the inner circle. Not my intention. Trying to learn. I have a thick skin. I can take it.

: Patterson,
: I strongly feel I have offended you or you can't be bothered by petty questions unless they came from the inner circle. Not my intention. Trying to learn. I have a thick skin. I can take it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]