Thanks Frisbee...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from 141.11.234.1 on August 24, 2001 at 09:09:34:

In Reply to: Hi IJ posted by Frisbee on August 22, 2001 at 16:42:29:

It looks like they are the standard leather in a brick waxhide. That's why they're dull and scratch up easy. I have two pairs and they have the same leather. I heard rumors that Alden was using a different stock of leather that was darker (I don't know where I heard this) so that's why I asked. Good luck with darkening them. I've tried just about everything to get them as dark as what you see in Raiders without much luck. They certainly are great shoes though. Enjoy.

Regards,
IJ

: : Congrats on your new Alden's. Could you describe the color of the leather please. Is it a reddish brown (brick) or is it more a dark brown (chocolate). Would appreciate it.

: : Regards,
: : IJ

: There more of a brick color,( redish brown and when it scrach's its a light redish-brown color) altho i have only had them a couple of days they have turned a little darker, maybe a half a shade? For me the shoe is almost already broken in, just after a couple days of wear.

: Im not going to destress my any at all, they are already getting little lines and cracks in them, Altho i might put some polisher on them to darken them up some.

: These are an excellent boot for sure.
: hope this helps if not ill try and get a pic online for you to take a look at, But they are not shiny at all like the pic shoes at the aldens website. My shoes are dull looking. AND very easy scuffed.

: Have a great day!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]