How long did it take to receive it? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Sam from 143.231.155.138 on August 24, 2001 at 11:12:39:

In Reply to: Its here! The Wested goat skin jacket... posted by India Jones on August 24, 2001 at 10:11:51:

: Its finally here. Wow!!! What a jacket, what beautiful leather, what a nice color. Its much better than what I expected from what I saw in the leather samples. Hats off to Peter, Jerry, and Dorris at Wested. You've made a great jacket that should make many Indyfans happy. The goatskin is softer to the touch than what I expected yet it looks REALLY rugged. This is definitely a jacket that can take a beating. You can just feel it from touching the leather. Here's a rundown of differences as I percieve them vs. the Wested lambskin I own.

: -Thicker than lamb (could be a con if you want a summer jacket)
: -More grainy and rougher than the lamb
: -Less shiny than the lamb (although it does have a shine to it)
: -Has an olive tint to it (whereas the lamb has a mauve tint)
: -The color is closer to what is on screen (IMHO)
: -Does not drape and move like the lamb and I don't think it ever will even after wear (it is a tad bit stiffer and I don't see this going away completely)
: -Should hold its shape better over time due to this (this is good for the action pleats)
: -Does not crease immediately like the lamb (this may change over time)
: -Looks more "rugged" and less "elegant" than the lamb
: -"Squeeks" a bit less (we'll see over time)
: -Is about as "stretchy" as the lamb

: If I had to put it in one phrase, the goat makes for a rugged cooler weather jacket and the lamb makes for an elegant warmer weather jacket. Overall, I don't see myself wearing one more than the other (except for seasonal reasons) since they really are two different jackets and each is great in its own right. IMHO the lamb overall is still closer to what you see in the movies. The drape, creasing, and weight make it that way. The goat is a more practical jacket that looks great and can take a beating. I'll post comparative pics as soon as I get a chance to photograph it. If I can tear myself away from wearing it for a few minutes that is!

: Hey Peter,

: I hope you've got enough of that beutiful goatskin to make plenty of jackets for all those Indy fans who are going to want one (grins).

: Regards,
: IJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: