Re: I hope so...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from proxy.thmulti.com on August 24, 2001 at 12:04:22:

In Reply to: I think you'll be surprised... posted by Patterson on August 24, 2001 at 11:51:05:

Thanks for the encouraging news. I've read about this in your other posts, but unfortunately, I do not have a dryer at home. The local laundrymat has one but you can't set it on a no heat setting. Besides, think of all the quarters I'd have to use to get any results ;-). I guess I'm just stuck with wearing it all the time and beating the hell out of it but this might take a while to show results. The weather now is a bit on the hot side though here in France. My lamb jacket will be my trusty companion until the cooler weather starts coming in. Do you have any suggestions on other techniques for softening it up? Do you think that Pecards or some other leather dressings might help (for instance the one Wested recommends)? I can't get Pecard's here unfortunately.

Regards,
IJ

: I think you will be surprised at just how much that goatskin will relax and soften - and it won't take that long with regular wear. My veg goat Expedition was a suit of armor when I received it, and I'd challange most fans to tell it from lambskin by the drape it now has. Run it trhough a dryer with the heat off for a few hours, and I think you'll see a BIG difference.

: Congratulations!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: