Or a heavy soaking of hair spray!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on August 24, 2001 at 15:03:20:

In Reply to: Just pour a little hydra-cal in the old fedora when you pull it out of the box! (grin)(nm) posted by Patterson on August 24, 2001 at 14:45:57:

Then you'd NEVER need a retainer, would you? (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: : You're talking about a hat block. These are the wooden blocks that hats makers use to put the shape into your hat, then apply steam to the felt when the felt is over a particular block to semi-permanently put the shape into the felt. I remember the drill hats that Stetson sold had the plastic block in the box, but I'm not aware of anyone else ever doing that. Neat idea, but no two fedoras are the same in this crew. We'd never be able to find a "universal block" to buy! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: : : Wouldn't it be nice to have a hat "form", if you will, that we could use when our hat just gets completely beaten up we could just set it in the "form", it dries, and...presto! All back to normal! Complete with bash, band, and brim restored!

: : : What actually made me think of this was a friend of mine who was a Drill Sgt. in the Army. He had such a contraption for his "brown-round" DI Hat. Every night he would come home and simply place the hat into this thing, spray it with some kind of conditioner, close the "lid", and that was it till the next day.

: : : Anyway, enough dreaming. I can't even afford a real fur felt hat yet! Just some of my endless musings. :-)

: : : Regards,
: : : Indiana Pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: