Re: I believe he did...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Big Red from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on August 24, 2001 at 19:01:56:

In Reply to: Re: I believe he did... posted by India Jones on August 24, 2001 at 10:29:26:

In the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Indy was fluent in French. He spoke French as well as 26 other languages (this was established in "Masks of Evil") and was a valuable asset to French Intelligence.

YIJC forever!

: If that's the case, then theoretically he should be able to speak french. Are there any references to him speaking french in any of the books? I know there aren't any in the movies. It would have been neat to see him conversing with Belloq in french in the Cairo bar scene. Or if Belloq spoke in French with subtitles and Indy responded in English. This would have made an interesting parallel to Star Wars when Ford is conversing with Greedo in the creature cantina. The Cairo bar scene always did remind me of the cantina scene in SW. OK, I'm done rambling.

: Regards,
: IJ

: : I think they mentioned that in the first part of Unicorn's Legacy (MacGregor's next-to-last) when Indy is on a dig in France.
: : -graml

: : : Okay...I need help with this question. Has Indy ever fictionally attended the University of Sorbornne in France? I was thinking I had read that somewhere in one of the Rob McGreggor books. I know the movies don't answer that question. But I may be thinking of another character unassociated with Indy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]