West, thanks for all the info...That helps alot! Once I order, I'll let y'all all know what I decide.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Texas-girl from sdn-ar-003txfworP292.dialsprint.net on August 25, 2001 at 16:44:16:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks Pete! I emailed Peter B at Wested...He said they're the same cut. But then I got to thinking...does that mean they're the same length too in comparison. posted by West on August 25, 2001 at 08:32:11:

: In length the Raiders and the LC jackets were the same, the TOD is the only one which had a different length from the others. Some people say otherwise, but I personally think this to be true and have asked Peter Botwright and Patterson stands by this too (least I thought he did, might be thinking of someone else). But you also have to realize that there exists more differences between the LC and Raiders version of the jacket other than just a larger collar on the LC. The LC has press studs on the storm flap, the side straps are lower on the LC than on the Raider's version, the pleats are only an inch deep, the cargo pockets are larger and the flaps on the cargo pockets were widened (adjusted for the grail diary, though I hear that what really happened was instead that the inside pocket was enlarged to accomidate the grail diary but at the last minute the cargo pocket was used to hold the diary and only the flaps on the cargo pockets were widened which made the cargo pockets appear larger. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lee was also one of the people who told me this.)
: Now a few months back the only real difference between the two jackets was a larger collar and press studs, but since Peter has altered the Raiders version you have to remember more differences exist now between the two versions. You should check out Indygear's jacket and FAQ jacket page for additional information I might have missed. Sorry for being so long winded but Wested makes some fine jackets and you should know all you can before ordering, IMHO.
:
: Hope this helps,
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: