Alternate Indys...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IJFan from spider-wj081.proxy.aol.com on November 30, 1998 at 07:51:08:

So I'm as interested as the next guy in seeing H.F. do IndyIV, but I'd also like to see the franchise continue if the right guy could fill his shoes. Until yesterday, I still hadn't seen anyone I thought could pull it off, but now I think there's a glimmer of hope. Check out the movie "Switchback". Randy Quaid (who's previous roles certainly wouldn't make one think he's a reasonable candidate) really struck me as a perfect fit. Note that the movie isn't particularly great, but it's good enough you won't mind watching the whole thing.

Don't just post a knee jerk reaction without seeing the movie. The character he plays is about 60% Indy. The 40% that's missing from this character is the boyish side, but he's already demonstrated an ability in that area with "Innerspace". What I hadn't seen in him before was a character which would set his jaw and act with purpose in the way H.F.'s Indy does. This is what we see in "Switchback".

Check it out...

Post your thoughts...

-IJFan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: