Re: Indiana Jones = hero?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 7:00pm :

In Reply to: Indiana Jones = hero? posted by Briede from host-216-79-213-49.sld.bellsouth.net (216.79.213.49) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 6:45pm :

I personally think you're trying to look at this to deeply. You have to remember that Raiders was released in 1981. We had just come from a 20 year drought of anti-heros in the movies, characters that were rooted for by the moviegoing public, only to see them lose at the end by either capture or being killed off, leaving the public with the message "in real life good guys don't really win. There are no heroes". The artsy craftsy folks of Hollywood played that card over and over for us. Then Indy came on the scene. "A New Hero", regular guy that bucked the odds and actually won, sort of, but then it was the government that screwed him out of the treasure, and for some weird reason we could accept that. He still got the girl. Just my spin on it. Regards. Michaelson

: I look at the Raiders poster in my room and I see on the top of it "The new hero." Is Indiana Jones a hero that does it out of wanting to do good or does he do it just by stumbling across it, like Mr. Magoo? I think it is a little of both. What do you guys think?
: Briede

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com