Re: Indy 4: A New Bored

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rivers from h24-65-247-116.cg.shawcable.net (24.65.247.116) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 7:07pm :

In Reply to: Re: Indy 4: A New Bored posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 1:15pm :

: I figured we wouldn't see Indy 4 until Star Wars was finished. I was taken with the rumors that it could be done between episodes two and three, but deep down, I kind of knew. I never thought I'd not want a Star Wars film to come out. This is very ironic. It seems to me that if they had a sure fire scr1pt (which they don't), then they would consider making room to make it. The one thing Lucas does understand is the need to "top yourself" in regards to these movies, to get remotely the same thrill. It is an increasingly difficult task. Disappointing indeed. Cheers

:
: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: : Where is Austin Powers to complain about this new Indy rumour? Will this be the complaint to bring him back to the board?

: : Now, I've been one of the biggest supporters of Indy 4- but this 2006 thing is just ridiculous- especially considering that they've already started work on Episode III.

: : I hate to be negative about Star Wars, but come on. Lucas now has the technology to make these films faster, and shouldn't need more time than he spent on the original trilogy.

: : I just can't see Ford wanting to wait until he's 65 to do this film.

: :
: : PS. Nice board, Micah. I was afraid it would be one of those "infopop" boards everyone has now. I'm a little mixed, though, as I thought I had finally freed up some extra time!

The more time that goes by, the less likely it seems that this film will get made. They keep saying that Ford's age wont be a factor, but come on let's be realistic about that. Lucas made Raiders between empire strikes back and return of the jedi. There is no reason Lucas couldn't do this again with Indy 4. It would sure break the monotony of three straight Star Wars movies from Lucas film

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com