Alternate Indys...Dennis Quaid you mean and...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust134.tnt23.sfo3.da.uu.net on November 30, 1998 at 10:14:13:

In Reply to: Alternate Indys... posted by IJFan on November 30, 1998 at 07:51:08:

: So I'm as interested as the next guy in seeing H.F. do IndyIV, but I'd also like to see the franchise continue if the right guy could fill his shoes. Until yesterday, I still hadn't seen anyone I thought could pull it off, but now I think there's a glimmer of hope. Check out the movie "Switchback". Randy Quaid (who's previous roles certainly wouldn't make one think he's a reasonable candidate) really struck me as a perfect fit. Note that the movie isn't particularly great, but it's good enough you won't mind watching the whole thing.

: Don't just post a knee jerk reaction without seeing the movie. The character he plays is about 60% Indy. The 40% that's missing from this character is the boyish side, but he's already demonstrated an ability in that area with "Innerspace". What I hadn't seen in him before was a character which would set his jaw and act with purpose in the way H.F.'s Indy does. This is what we see in "Switchback".

: Check it out...

: Post your thoughts...

: -IJFan

Randy is Dennis' brother from Independence Day. But, i couldn't agree more about Dennis. I have always found him to be a 'shadow type' of Harrison Ford, and can easily picture him as Indy, even more so than Tom Selleck. I think he could honestly pull it off.

Good observation

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: