Congrats man! Makes me want to order one too (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from AC97CAD0.ipt.aol.com (172.151.202.208) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 10:58pm :

In Reply to: Review of thicker Wested cowhide posted by Indiana Sam from P7-60.senate.gov (63.82.113.60) on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 at 5:55pm :

: I finally received my Raiders New Finish Cowhide jacket from Wested. I requested the thicker cowhide and I am darn glad I did so. When I first ordered a Cowhide jacket from Peter back in July, I received the jacket in the thin, almost lambskin-like cowhide leather. It just seemed too thin for my tastes. While the thin cowhide is a beautiful, supple skin - I scratched it a few times with my fingernails and it almost broke through the leather. I needed something more durable. So I requested Peter use his thicker cowhide for my replacement jacket (I returned the other jacket). The jacket finally arrived this past weekend and WOW!!! First of all, the extra size I ordered fits the bill perfectly. I usually wear a 42/43 in a suit and the size 46 jacket fits perfectly - with enough room to wear a sweater underneath, a la Mystery of the Blues. The thicker cowhide is BULLETPROOF! I tried to scratch it with my fingernail - nothing. I tried to scratch it with my pocket knife - not a mark. It is extremely durable. And, while it is a little heavier in weight, compared to the lambskin or thin cowhide - it is a beautiful jacket - the leather is very supple and soft.

: The only negative point is the new nickel zipper. I don't like it. It seems too lightweight and too flimsy compared to the brass zipper he has been using. The pull (zippering action) on the brass zipper was substancial and heavy - the pull on the nickel zipper is non-existant. I just hope it will last a few seasons.

: I highly recommend this alternate version of cowhide as yet another option Wested is giving its ever-growing number of customers.

: Kudos, Peter!

: Indiana Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com