Opinions aside...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Thursday, September 06, 2001 at 5:42pm :

In Reply to: nim? What nim? (nim) posted by Fall Guy from pool0317.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.193.62) on Thursday, September 06, 2001 at 4:07pm :

They at least tried to make each film different. Temple of Doom is obviously different. In last Crusade they brought in Indy's dad, even if the plot had some similarities to Raiders. The point is that we all know in general what makes Indy tick. He's had adventures spread out all over the world in the last three movies. Is there a protagonist that could hold a candle to the Nazis? What other personal info about Indy could they introduce (that wouldn't eat up too much screen time). These are action movies after all (although I'd be interested in more personal information). How are they gonna take the familiar elements and make them fresh? Without those elements, it really isn't Indiana Jones and yet as I've tried to illustrate, they can't just mix them into a new order and hope a good movie comes out of it. It's an increasingly difficult thing to do to make a great Indiana Jones movie. I don't agree with you that Temple and Crusade were bad movies. They just weren't as good as Raiders, and what action movie is? Raiders had the element of surprise on it's side. People are just waiting for them to make a movie "not" as good as Raiders. Coming up with a script that is better than Raiders just to be able to compete with it is a very tough problem indeed. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: The lack of a good scr1pt didn't prevent anyone from making TOD or LC!
: FG
: :
: :
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )