"Call Eastwood now, for low LOW rates!"

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0495.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.178.165.240) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 1:22pm :

In Reply to: Perhaps Eastwood Said It Best... posted by James from host-216-78-22-157.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.22.157) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 1:00pm :

;)
Lucas must have developed a taste for directing while doing Episode I.
Condsider how long Lucas has been dealing with the SW universe. It's obviously his life's biggest (professional) project. I can understand that he wants to be in total control.
Maybe someone else could make the movies better (Irvin Kershner did a great job with ESB), but I'm sure that the process and the experience of making those movies is more interesting to Lucas than the finished product itself.
As for the SW films being released in the new version, it may be unfortunate for the fans of the originals, but I don't see why a DVD couldn't contain both, original and special edition, versions.
FG

: "Man's got to know his limitations."

: I still don't know why Lucas is directing all three of the prequels. Wasn't the original plan for him to just do the first one?

: You make good points, Fall Guy, but the bottom line is still that it's a joke. I mean, the SW DVD's won't even be the films that people want- the ones they fell in love with. They'll likely be this "Ultimate Edition" nonsense- an even more butchered and retooled verion than the "Special Editions".

: Hey, I enjoyed seeing those revamped versions of the trilogy, with rare scenes featuring Harrison Ford and Jabba...but I didn't know the price was going to be the REAL films. It's bad enough you can't buy the original versions anymore, but they can't even show them on cable. So now I'm left paranoid that something will happen to my old VHS trilogy.

: What Lucas should do is release the ORIGINAL version of the trilogy first, then he can release the Ultimate Editions later, when he has the time to do all that work he thinks they need.
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com