Okay, I've found a computer to mess with. Did I miss anything exciting?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-156.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.156) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 8:15pm :

Greetings, everyone who still remembers that guy Jake.
Well, I'm settled into class 239 here on Coronado Island, and the fun is just beginning. If I have ever been in a more intimidating place before in my life, I can't remember it. But after a four-year fight, there is no place in the world that I would rather be (that includes Disney World). It's tough to explain when you want to scream in ecstacy and terror at the same time.
One day, one evolution at a time. That's the best that anyone can do.
Still, my last will and testament is squared away and tucked into my sea bag. It's either graduate or die trying.
(Sorry if I'm being too melodramatic.)
Anyway, between Texas and California, I managed to read "Dinosaur Eggs" and "Hollow Earth." Reading is great--it's PT for the head.
"Dino Eggs" disappointed me in the first few pages, simply for the fact that Indy spoke too much (most noticably the moment where Indy drains a bottle of soda and announces to no one "I love root beer!" I smacked my forehead in exasperation). Indy is a man of action, not bad dialouge.
Still, it was a good read. And I really enjoyed "Hollow Earth."
Any of my fellow bookworms agree or disagree?
On another note, I've finally broken down and ordered the black Indy jacket from US Wings, since the nights here in San Diego are getting colder now. The cold is your enemy, especially when you are kept wet and miserable.
I hope that the jacket is worth the price when it gets here.
Until next time, you guys weren't forgotten. Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com