Re: jackets

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust58.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net (63.10.116.58) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 10:30pm :

In Reply to: jackets posted by ninthman from pool0443.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.245.188) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 9:21pm :

I owned a Wested Temple and now own a US Wings Vintage Lamb. If you're wanting a Raiders or LC look, then go with a Wested or Flightsuits. The US Wings is the closest ToD jacket available. Here are some differences in the US Wings Jacket, compared to a Wested.

1. Smaller pockets
2. Lower fastener straps
3. A more natural dark brown with less gloss
4. Underneath dark brown is actually a lighter color. This causes the jacket to distress quickly without eroding down to the actual leather. Also, if you're distressing it artificially, you can get good highlights without actually damaging the leather.
5. The leather is much tougher than Wested's Lamb, but still gives you creases and drap(not as quickly as a Wested).
6. The torso is slightly lower than a Wested Raiders(I think), but not nearly as low as a Wested Temple.
7. The lining is a dark brown nylon, which makes it a warm jacket. That could be good or bad depending on where in the country you live. Wested offers better options for linings.

If you're looking for a good ToD jacket this is it. If you want an exact replica of the ToD jacket, you'll have to make a few alternations. If you're curious about those let me know. However, the US Wings Vintage Lamb carries the look and style of all three films and is great is you're just wanting a good Indy jacket.

I hope this was helpful

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com