Insincerely...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0218.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.244.218) on Saturday, September 08, 2001 at 3:45am :

In Reply to: Seriously, posted by Calixar from ACB7B152.ipt.aol.com (172.183.177.82) on Saturday, September 08, 2001 at 2:30am :

Your argument is faulty. Why would Katanga need to release tension by laughing? He himself had been in no danger at that time. Indy was not a friend of his, just someone he had heard of. If someone would relieve tension by laughing, it would have to be Indy and Sallah, but not Katanga.

Furthermore, you haven't even made up your mind. First you say they were laughing to release tension, then you conclude they were laughing at Indy's appearance. Which is it?

Anyway, you miss my point again. There is more than one way to interpret Katanga's reaction to seeing the (in)famous Indiana Jones in person. (And as for Sallah making Indy wince in pain and gasp for air, that IS hilarious.)

So, now bring the matter before the High Council here at Micahfan. :p

FG

PS: I, for one, have often laughed my behind (have to watch my language here!) off, after either getting hurt myself, or someone else cracking a rib.
:
:
:
:
: ... has anyone here ever seen guys, after a very dangerous (likely stupid) stunt, laugh at it? Possibly even laughing at injuries received... sort of as a tension release when they knew (or thought) the danger was over?
: I feel like I've known tons of guys like this. Fall Guy seems to think it's very unusual.
: Sallah and Katanga got a chuckle from Indy's haggard and beaten appearance.
: Why is that difficult to grasp?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: