Re: Actually Michaelson should respond. He has the hands of a surgeon to discuss...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sergei from proxy1.san.rr.com (24.25.195.13) on Saturday, September 08, 2001 at 6:33pm :

In Reply to: Indygear guys, your help is needed... posted by Meg from adsl-64-167-219-18.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (64.167.219.18) on Saturday, September 08, 2001 at 5:31pm :

... the finer points of what is out there. In the meantime, I did research on my own. Like reading the postings in the "Vault" (you can google searches into the vault), reading indygear.com, and there is Club Obi Wan (http://www.xsorbit.com/users/indygear/index.cgi). Lot's of discussion their on jackets and other gear.

Then you should start formulating your opinion what you want. Do you want a Raiders, TOD or Last Crusade Jacket? Depending on those 3 differenct styles, will influence which manufacturer you should go to. Also, there is a perference in hide. Do you want Lambskin, cowhide, Deer, Goat (veg or chrome)? Would you like your jacket already predistressed or undistressed? How authentic do you want the jacket to be?

What I am trying to say, is you really left it wide open. It took me months to make up my own mind. It's confusing. But you know, we are fortunate because we have options. Years back, that was not true. Bottom line, what I always say, you are your own gatekeeper. It's what matters to you. And that is the most important thing.

Anyway, I hope this didn't appear to be a NON-answer. I guess you need to do some internal homework. But, that's just my opinion...

Take care.... Also, remember, it's not the destination, but the journey. I had more fun in arriving to a decision (the journey). When the jacket arrived (the destination), it made it that much better.
: Meg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com