No, he is not.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from dialup-166.90.47.180.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (166.90.47.180) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 3:48pm :

In Reply to: Re: Lucas is the devil. posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 2:59pm :

One positive thing (apart from the solid story and the excellet F/X) about ESB is that there is not one dull moment. It's very much like a serial, and the seperate story lines create lots of tension. Naturally, the unresolved end of the movie leaves the viewer hanging, but that's part of the fun and excitement! We don't need instant gratification (This reminds me of how disappointed I was with the end of ROTJ).

Maybe that's why there is no Indy 4: Each movie can stand on its own (Although, LC stands on shaky legs), and there is no NEED to explore the character further.
Where is the impetus to do something new and exciting? That's something that can't be forced. ;)

FG

: Had to laugh when I read that, Fall Guy. Waterboy lives! Good points you have here. As frustrated as we are, it's hard to see things from different prospectives at times. Thanks for that angle. (By the way, I've read the opinion regarding ESB many times, but being in the crowd when it first screened, it was one of the few I've ever sat through that when the credits rolled, folks threw popcorn at the screen. We knew (or believed)it would be 3 to 4 years before we found out what happened, and that didn't sit well at all) Regards. Michaelson

: : Disclaimer: That statement was a joke (Just making sure! ;) ).

: : As is the case with many creative people, Lucas might be enjoying the process of creation more than its result. We might as well accept the fact that his priorities are different from ours. He wants to do something new (something he keeps pointing out), while the fans (or are they?) have certain expectations.

: : The argument that Lucas owes the fans, because they've watched his movies and bought his merchandise, making him a wealthy man in the process, doesn't hold up. You might as well say that the fans should be grateful that he has given us a few great movies - which I believe to be true.

: : FG

: : PS: As for the lack of DVDs, I attribute that to a lack of proper protection from illegal copying, and an unknown marketing strategy.
: : We will get those DVDs soon, I'm sure of it.
: : PPS: I agree, ESB was the best SW.

: :
: : : I can live with the fact that there may never be an Indy 4. I don't quite understand it, but I can live with it. Although I do think that we missed the chance for an AWSOME movie if M. Night woulda stayed with the program and written it. I think with Indy obviously being older, he could have brought alot of character to it and not an aging hero cliche'. Again, Lucas and Speilberg are talented in thier own respects but I love how M. Night isn't scared to take things slow and allow the story and characters to develop without unwanted action scenes that help for a big opening weekend. (Since that's all Hollywood execs seem to care about now) BUT! The fact that the Indy series isn't on DVD yet is a bit of a slap in the face. Phantom Menace will be out in October!? What about what the fans want? The people that have paid for Skywalker Ranch and given him the opportunity to make these prequals? Does he have such an ego that he thinks he has to be involved in every last detail with the DVD's and won't have time until after SW? Empire was the best SW film, which was not directed by Lucas. I think he's a great idea and business man, but when he wants to take control of the strings, things don't seem to come out as well as they could/should. I dunno. I just see no reason why we have gotten snubbed this long. Lucas - not the filmmaking god he seems to (maybe) think he is. I have a friend who still wears his Varsity jacket from high school (12 years ago) He reminds me alot of Lucas by riding out a wave longer than he should.
: : :
: : :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com