Thanks for the reply, but . . .

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 3:58pm :

In Reply to: Lucas is the devil. posted by Fall Guy from dialup-166.90.47.180.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (166.90.47.180) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 2:53pm :

I'm a fan of 'the customer is always right.' I DO think Lucas owes the fans something. I feel he owes them everything. I'll agree that he has different priorities than some and I think outside of this forum, thier obviously isn't a huge outcry for Indy on DVD. (VHS is still the main form of watching movies at home. Albeit not very long) And I do think the fans have shown their appreciation for his great movies by seeing them over and over again, buying the merchandise and buying the videos every year when they are re-released. I DO have a huge problem with the prequals taking front to Indy and SW 4, 5, and 6. If not for the fans that went crazy for those films, he wouldn't be in the position to spend the next 5 years to make 2 movies. I just see it as bad form. I'm sorry that his ego won't allow a release of Indy and SW to overshadow his mediocre-sp? talent as a director. He is undeniably a GREAT storyteller as long as someone else tells his story.
Just my opinion - and you know what they say about those.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com