I absolutely feel cheated after seeing a bad movie

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 4:46pm :

In Reply to: "the customer is always right"? Are you Lucas's client? posted by Fall Guy from dialup-166.90.47.180.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net (166.90.47.180) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 4:28pm :

As an actor (and I damn good one at that. That was for my own ego.) I feel extremely jaded when I see a crumby movie and/or performance. There's no need for it. I know that a movie may not deliver what I expect when I go and no, I don't ask for my money back. (although I did get a smirk out of your childish rant of Do you? I bet you do) Moviegoers are customers. And you are certainly more of a customer at a Lucas film, than your Ed Harris' and Sean Penn's of the cinema. A movie IS a product. When you go see Harrison Ford you expect a certain kind of movie and since he know where his bread is buttered that's EXACTLY what he delivers. Lucas IS NOT a diverse director. He can do one kind of movie and one kind of movie only. So, you as the audience/customer expect a certain kind of product when his name is attached to it. Few people make a living at doing different types of characters and/or movies. If you don't think SW is a product, than you are sadly mistaken.
But agian, we're getting away from the original rant, Lucas SHOULD and does OWE us Indy DVD and SW. Again, if Phantom Menace had to stand on it's own two legs without the previous SW flicks, it would have bombed!
You're also sadly mistaken if you think Hollywood doesn't make movies we WANT to see. The majority of the public wants to see things blow up, sex and 2 hour long music videos. And that's exactly what they get. That's why gems like 'The Pledge' and countless others fall by the waist side of two weeks in the theater. If it's history of cinema, moviemaking in general, acting and the biz of Hollywood you want to discuss, tighten up your britches, son, 'cause I know what I'm talking about.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com